I love it when not having anything to eat for dinner turns into this.
It’s also what happens when I go to the grocery store after work hungry. It’s roasted chicken, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, and garlic in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, served on orzo with lemon & oregano feta cheese. Did not measure a thing and it taste so good.
Do you want the winging it recipe? It’s all the things you like already, so there’s really no going wrong.
- 1 pkg of cherry tomatoes
- 1 bundle of asparagus, rinsed and chopped
- 2 chicken breasts
- olive oil (2 tbls?)
- balsamic vineegar (2 tbls? ish?)
- orzo (I just the rest of what I had left in a box, which was 1 1/3 cups)
- Athenos lemon, garlic, and oregano feta cheese (I used the whole container, which i bet is like 1 cup)
- salt & pepper to taste
- anything you want to season the chicken with (I just used this chicken spice, red pepper, and chopped onions)
01. Preheat oven to 350F. Mix asparagus, cherry tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar, maybe a dash of pepper too. Line a pan with foil and spread the ingredients over it evenly. Cook until the cherry tomatoes burst and the asparagus is soft, about 20 minutes.
02. Meanwhile, pan fry the chicken breasts with the toppings/spices you’d like. Or, if you thought ahead, you could cook them in the oven too. I bet it doesn’t matter. Everything will be pretty yum-ily seasoned.
03. Also meanwhile, cook the Orzo. You know, regular style. You don’t even need orzo, you could just turn it into a warm salad, but I wanted to bulk up the recipe, I had some left over, and I like pasta.
04. When everything’s done, combine and add feta cheese so that it melts a little.