20 Things I have learned this year
Inspired by Stephan Sagmeister:
- Leave more than you take.
- Honesty is beautiful. (“Everyone who is honest is interesting” – Sagmeister)
- Eccentric people are usually the most brilliant. I admire eccentricity.
- My favorite smile is an involuntary one.
- Joy outweighs pain.
- I’d rather be challenged than comfortable.
- You can’t wait for the future.
- People don’t think about you as much as you think. Don’t worry about it.
- Growing up is for trees.
- Everyone has their own definition of fun.
- Understanding is a wonderful present.
- Taking a chance is easier than you think.
- There is still an incredible amount of talent, creativity, and knowledge to learn from one another. (Having internet doesn’t hurt either).
- If you’re going to get lost, do it in a book.
- Making friends is harder now than it was in kindergarten (disregard if you’re currently in kindergarten).
- Patience. It will be worth the wait, I’m sure of it.
- I have an enormous capacity for real dialogue, I am incredibly burdened by small talk.
- Enthusiasm is valuable.
- Doing things outside my comfort zone, even when I have disliked it, has always been worth it.
- If a clock gets hungry, it goes back four seconds.
(Re-posted from another blog I share with my friends).