5: the differents
Last time I wrote about what about myself I would want to persist throughout my life. This week I’ll have it’s compliment.
Here’s where I want to change…
- More small braveries. Saying something in a meeting, talking to someone new, following my instinct on a project at work, or going the path less trodden. I don’t want to be the kind of person who doesn’t do a small kind act because it isn’t convenient or, more frequently, it puts me outside my comfort zone.
- To be more generous with my attention. A long standing struggle with me is to be a deeper listener to my friends.
- I want to be calmer. This is related to confidence, but it’s more like wishing I could let go of things instead of wrapping myself in a spiky cocoon of anxiety.
- I want to be more patient with people. Sometimes I find myself trying to optimize my time or be more efficient when I’m hanging out with people and I realize it’s not very social. Like instead of: “while you’re waiting for your food, I’ll go do this other thing” I should “I’ll wait and talk with you while you’re waiting for your food.” Pretty basic, right? But I don’t do it. Related to being generous with my time.
- I want to sleep more. At this point, it’s been years since I got the recommended amount of sleep regularly. I don’t know if I actually handle lack of sleep well or I don’t know any different now. I want to see how it affects my performance and engagement at work. My weekly average is probably 5.5 hours a night.
New Year’s is just around the corner, I guess.