5: Goals for the summer
Photo from Üetliberg yesterday, from our team hike up for dessert at a restaurant at the top.
- Learn, question, help, and rock-out-loud at my internship. So far Ive been really excited about the overlap my internship has been having with my interests, thesis, and projects for next year. What luck!
- Practice German. Trying to try, except that Swiss-German is spoken here, not standard German. But I can always practice my written comprehension. I wanted to practice by translating books over the summer, and what luck but my host insisted that I go through her library and borrow books.
- Travel & Explore. I feel like everyone has been asking about my travel plans for the summer are. My general plan is: I plan to travel, I don’t plan to plan. Plus, I have to wait until I get my bank account set up, which is taking longer than I thought it would. But next week, probably, and then I’m off. I’m excited to explore Switzerland as well.
- Project Lemon website. I volunteered to help out with an innovation sprint next year by doing their design and website. You know, because over-committing is kind of my thing. So I have to work on it over the summer. Eep! I’m excited about what I envision for the design, but I need to make sure I really schedule my days more precisely. I’ve kind of been letting my internship take over my life.
- Research for my independent study. I’m doing an independent study next year helping out a startup dealing with emerging markets and small businesses. It doesn’t officially start until next semester, but I do want to do some light reading around the subject as well since it overlaps with my internship this summer. How lucky am I?
- Research, read, and revise for my thesis. Truly and really need to do this. Especially getting my IRB in order!
- Update website. I want to add and improve some things on my portfolio. Will I have time? Let’s see.
Notice ‘rest & relaxation’ isn’t on the list? It never is!