Well. I managed to scrape by somehow. Like, I don’t even have words to describe it and everything is just hints at feelings. I need some more time but…
Here are five things I know.
- Maybe Pittsburgh is not the right place for me, but this program is perfect. It covers what I’m interested in now and will shape what I’ll be interested in in the future.
- I hate Pittsburgh’s buses.
- Perspective is everything. For me, this school is a dream come true. When I’ve talked others, it’s been a shrug. I don’t want to lose my perspective, but I want to make sure I see others’.
- Goat cheese makes everything taste wonderful at the same rate that wheat flour makes everything taste horrible.
- Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
And here are five things I learned:
- “Design is ideas materialized”
- “Beauty is, despite knowing its subjective, thinking everyone should think its beautiful too”
- “Writing is design and text is a commodity”
- “Good design disappears”
- “Learning how to design, how you design, and how design functions are all the same thing”
As you can see, all very idealistic and full of maxims. But in context, they were all wonderful ideas to explore.