PHAMETRICS // 16
And in a flash, my last month in New York was gone!
FEAST FOR THE EYES>>
- The Language instinct. Steven Pinker. Finished it! I was so riveted by the end. It feels like a book I’ll want to revisit later because I don’t feel like I absorbed everything enought.
- The Happiness Hypothesis. Jonathan Haidt. You know, the book I’ve talked about a million times. So far so good!
OVER AND OVER AGAIN>>
- “Unbelievers” by Vampire Weekend. Still pretty good.
- “Test, 1, 2” by Air Traffic Controller. (Ok, maybe just right now as I’m writing this post.)
- “First day of my life” by Bright Eyes. Old, I know, but the ukulele makes everything new again.
- “What’s my age again?” by Blink 182. Ukulele cover for sweet Paul’s birthday. I wasn’t good enough at playing it and he couldn’t recognize it, haha.
- Eating out. I spent so much money this month. Brunches galore.
- Playing my ukulele. It feels so good to be reunited.
- Driving, moving, duh.
- Missing some people hard core.
- Not being able to sleep because my mind is on overdrive. (Thus the midnight:thirty post).
- I mean, I think I’ll be ok at school right?
- Seeing my mom, brother, and family in California this week!
- My sweet friends helping me move. xoxo.
- Fireworks for Independence Day. Probably one of the most magical weekends in New York. Picnic in the morning, fireworks in the evening, and somehow we ended up at a gay bar at night. Then the next day Igor, Shanna, and I trekked to be beach.
- Incredible Greek dinner at Bahari Estiatorio.
- Katz’s Deli.
- Two improv shows at the Upright Citizen’s Brigade with the Truman group.
- Guggenheim Museum. Have to say, still not my favorite.
- Big Gay Ice Cream. Yum.
- Arlene’s Grocery (music & dance venue). It was rock karaoke night. So…yeah.
- Whitney Museum. Incredible. I really enjoyed an exhibit about Edward Hopper.
- East River Ferry to Governor’s Island to see a traveling vintage French carnival, Yeah, that happened.
- Matilda!! Igor won lottery tickets :D. It was fantastic, naturally. Igor, a self-described non-musical-appreciator even liked it.
- Museum of the Moving Image. Old news to you.
- Society of Illustrators to see a Maurice Sendak exhibition but I ended up staying for a screening of Cartoon College. I really liked the documentary and want to post about it soon. After it becomes irrelevant.