5: Things I’m excited for
I just had the most difficult week of working full-time and freelancing full time after severely over-booking myself. Think 3-4 hours of sleep every night. ‘Twas all a blur
But it’s Friday! Time to look on the bright side! :)
- Grad school. It’s creeping up there. I just bought a backpack. I love office supplies and that’s kind of what school is about. Kind of. (I could do a whole ‘nother list on grad school excitement).
- Truman gang reunites on July 10th!! Three of my friends from my freshmean year of college are reconnecting with Igor and I in the city. Old friends are always the greatest.
- I’m excited for my friends: Katie is already off in Alaska eating frozen yogurt, climbing mountains, and making friends (maybe she’ll start doing a little directing soon), Igor just found a place to live in Astoria! He’ll be on a hip street by me! Shanna’s getting callbacks because lovely. Sarah was swept up and employed in Chicago before she could even finish unpacking (we all knew she would be). And Carissa just got an internship closer to what she wants to be doing and starts Monday!
- I’m really enjoying The Language Instinct by Steven Pinker which I finally broke down and bought at Strand after having to return it in Denver 5 months ago, but I’m super excited to read The Happiness Hypothesis by Jonathan Haidt which Igor got for my birthday. Thanks, pal.
- I might get to see my brother in August! If all goes to plan, I should be able to see my aunt & mom in California and my brother is flying in from Singapore to meet us there! But who knows, it’s too far away (and too soon at the same time).